Strategic Sourcing in the Retail Industry
Addressing the complexity of non-merchandising procurement and retail transportation management
The retail industry is faced with any number of sourcing challenges: There is the procurement of non-merchandising spends – including store construction, remodels, and maintenance; merchandising displays and furnishings; store facilities services; and transportation services. There is the logistics of balancing the needs of any number of store locations against a seemingly endless pool of suppliers and transportation carriers. And there is the challenge of including any number of internal stakeholders into the decision making process.
The CombineNet retail sourcing solution, is purpose built to address these non-merchandising procurement and transportation complexities. Ideal for large retailers, the result is a flexible, scalable and powerful sourcing strategy that offers:
- Greater savings opportunities through spend aggregation and cost driver optimization
- Supply chain innovations through a collaborative bidding process with suppliers and transportation carriers
- Productivity gains and more time for strategy thanks to solution-enabled efficiencies
- Increased spend under management by addressing challenging spend categories
National and global retailers are reliant on well-run supply chains and store operations for business success, particularly in today’s fiercely competitive economy. Having worked with 10 of the Top 50 retailers in the U.S. and 17 of the Top 200 retailers in the world, CombineNet has come to recognize the common challenges that factor into the retail sourcing process:
- Costs, complexities, and seasonality of Transportation
- Ever-changing store networks and the services to support store facilities
- E-Business retail channel growth
- Alignment with corporate initiatives, such as environmental responsibility and supplier diversity
More About Our Retail Industry Sourcing Solutions
Our detailed 8-page information kit on addressing sourcing for Retailers’ non-merchandising spend categories.