E-Sourcing Solutions: Improve the Sourcing of Packaging Materials
CombineNet supports your packaging spend management challenges
For manufacturers, particularly those whose products are sold to consumers, packaging materials sourcing represents significant size, complexity, and importance to the business.
Advanced Sourcing in a Packaging Materials Environment
CombineNet’s advanced e-sourcing product, CombineNet ASAP®, has been used extensively over the years to improve savings and efficiencies in the sourcing of:
- Primary Packaging used as first-level product packaging: Includes paperboard boxes and backings; coverings; coatings; containers (jars, tubes, bottles, lids, vials and tottles); seals and barrier films; closures; etc. Primary packaging materials include glass, plastics, metals (tin/tinplate, aluminum), paper, and various chemicals for printing, coatings, adhesives, and sealants.
- Secondary packaging used to enclose primary packaged items for shipment and storage: This sourcing scenario for packaging materials includes cartons and boxes; packing and void fill materials; corrugated fiberboard; tape; labels; etc.
- Tertiary Packaging used for bulk handling, warehouse storage, and transport shipping: Primarily involves cartons, pallets, and stretch films/shrink wrap.
How CombineNet Improves the Sourcing of Packaging Spends:
Our customers have used CombineNet ASAP’s features for Expressive Bidding® to take advantage of savings and innovations in packaging materials and production methods, by obtaining favorable alternative sourcing proposals from suppliers in response to original packaging specifications. And our industry-leading Scenario Builder and Optimization capabilities help packaging buyers make the best "total cost decision" based on their company’s unique preferences, priorities, and goals.
- Support for Larger-Sized Sourcing Events
- Aggregate Packaging Spends Across Shared Supply Bases
- Collect More Supplier Bid Data and Creative Bid Proposals for Better Supplier Insights
- Improve Stakeholder Collaboration and Business Alignment with Sourcing Scenario Analysis
Learn More About Our Packaging Material Spend Management Solutions:
CombineNet ASAP has improved packaging spend management and sourcing for mid-sized and Global 2000 companies alike, driving better cost savings, materials innovations, and supplier optimization.