Transportation Procurement Software Solution: Advanced Sourcing in Transportation Management System (TMS) Environments
Many companies have invested in a Transportation Management System (TMS) to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of their shipping, distribution and transportation management operations. While the functionality of different TMS solutions varies widely, most provide the ability to store carrier contracted rates, plan shipments (loads), tender loads to contracted carriers, and track load status. Automating the daily execution of inbound and outbound shipping activities via a TMS improves transportation operations significantly.
CombineNet ASAP in a Transportation Procurement Environment
CombineNet drives additional value and improves the ROI on your TMS investment by providing a best-in-class sourcing solution to complement and integrate with your existing solutions. As a tool of choice for all modes of logistics transportation procurement, our advanced sourcing product, CombineNet ASAP, helps your organization ensure that the daily execution of shipping and distribution is based on contracted rates that provide the best balance of cost, service and capacity in an ever-changing market. Whether your TMS has the ability to conduct carrier sourcing events for contract negotiations, or only has the ability to source carriers on a load-by-load basis, CombineNet can take your transportation procurement operations to the next level of cost savings and efficiency.
CombineNet ASAP's Sourcing Solution for Transportation Procurement Gives You:
- Support for Any Transportation Procurement Strategy: Easily create and manage online RFIs, RFPs, and sourcing events for all modes of transportation, even multi-mode sourcing events.
- Expressive Bidding®: Let carriers put their best foot forward, by collecting both price and non-price terms (such as lane and network-level capacity, conditional offers, alternative equipment or service types, bundles/packages, industry certifications, etc.), which allows buyers to make carrier sourcing decisions based on optimal value with minimal risk.
- Sourcing Scenario Analytics: Quickly optimize transportation sourcing scenarios based on any variety of business and stakeholder constraints, fueled by our proprietary optimization technology holding 21 U.S. patents.
- Ease of Integration: Integrate quickly with your current TMS environment and practices, with features for importing and exporting relevant data, API's, and offering an easy 6-step mapping of existing RFP management templates into CombineNet ASAP.
- Ease of Use: Improve internal adoption with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product designed for self-service usability and flexibility that drives best practices, standardization, data centralization, and supplier friendliness.
CombineNet ASAP offers flexible subscription pricing, making us easy to do business with and fast to get up and running in your supply chain and transportation procurement management environment. We also readily work with your select Systems Integrator/Consulting partner to support configuration, implementation, and roll out of the solution to meet your specific requirements.
More About Our Transportation Solution
CombineNet ASAP provides 7 best practices for applying advanced sourcing approaches to transportation and logistics procurement.